I’m a little OCD about the album artwork in my iTunes music collection. Sure I could scour Google Images for suitable high-resolution artwork, but why not get the official version, 600×600 pixels, right from iTunes itself.
- Find the album in the iTunes Store.
- Right-Click on the album artwork.
- Select “Copy Link”.
- Open a new Safari window.
- Paste the link into the URL bar.
- Right-Click the album artwork.
- Select “Open Image in New Tab”.
- Select the new Tab to display the small artwork.
- Click in the URL bar to display the full URL.
- Change the two instances of “170” to “600”.
- Press “Return” to load the new URL with the large artwork.
- Drag this image to your desktop, or copy it.
- Go back to iTunes.
- Find your lonely, naked music and add your new artwork.
Enjoy the high-resolution goodness.
Edit: You could also just use this fabulous tool from Ben Dodson: http://bendodson.com/code/itunes-artwork-finder/. *Sigh*.