Flash is dead. Again. Continue reading “Flash Is Dead”
Flash is dead. Finally.
Today, open standards like HTML5 have matured and provide many of the capabilities that Flash ushered in. Our customers have clearly communicated that they would like our creative applications to evolve to support multiple standards and we are committed to doing that. So today we are announcing Animate CC, previously Flash Professional CC, which will be Adobe’s premier web animation tool for developing HTML5 content while continuing to support the creation of Flash content. Adobe Animate CC will be available in early 2016. In addition, Adobe will release an HTML5 video player for desktop browsers, which will complement Adobe’s support for HTML5 on mobile.
It’s time to uninstall Adobe Flash. Just do it. You’ll be happy you did.
From Rami James via Medium.com
Canceling Creative Cloud. So frustrated.
Adobe’s offerings have become clunkier and more frustrating to use instead of better. So I’m jumping ship and encouraging others to, too.
A year ago, I decided that it was worth giving Adobe the benefit of the doubt and signing up for a Creative Cloud membership. I had my doubts then about SaaS and relying on it, but I thought it was worth a shot…
My sentiments exactly.
- Click “Download” in obnoxious Updater window.
- Wait for browser to launch and interrupt your current web session.
- Click “Update Now”.
- Wait for download.
- Go to downloads folder.
- Open and mount Flash Player DMG file on desktop.
- Open Adobe Flash Player installer app.
- Answer Sandbox dialog by clicking “Open”.
- Authenticate computer.
- Wait for another download.
- Click “Finish”.
- Wait for another obnoxious web page to load.
- Read Adobe advertisement.
- Close the two extra Adobe tabs/windows in browser.
- Go to Desktop.
- Eject/Unmount Installer DMG.
- Go to Downloads folder.
- Delete downloaded DMG file.
- Return to computing.
*These steps are for Mac OS. Windows update steps may differ.
Flash’s importance to YouTube has been dwindling for some time. Now Adobe’s video solution is one step closer to banishment from the world’s most popular video site.