Flash is dead. Again. Read More
- Click “Download” in obnoxious Updater window.
- Wait for browser to launch and interrupt your current web session.
- Click “Update Now”.
- Wait for download.
- Go to downloads folder.
- Open and mount Flash Player DMG file on desktop.
- Open Adobe Flash Player installer app.
- Answer Sandbox dialog by clicking “Open”.
- Authenticate computer.
- Wait for another download.
- Click “Finish”.
- Wait for another obnoxious web page to load.
- Read Adobe advertisement.
- Close the two extra Adobe tabs/windows in browser.
- Go to Desktop.
- Eject/Unmount Installer DMG.
- Go to Downloads folder.
- Delete downloaded DMG file.
- Return to computing.
*These steps are for Mac OS. Windows update steps may differ.
Flash’s importance to YouTube has been dwindling for some time. Now Adobe’s video solution is one step closer to banishment from the world’s most popular video site.